Samstag, 20. Oktober 2012

Statement of the day – Chris Corner: The exterminator (10/09/12)



Hell, I start to feel kind of strange here in my own apartment. Today an old men entered my rooms after I just got out of the bathroom. He said he is here for spraying against bugs. I answered I don’t have seen any bugs here in my apartment and I haven’t ordered an exterminator. He was just like “oh no, I am here every month, the last times you weren’t at home. We spray for prevention every few weeks…”

I mean HELLO!?! Not that only I don’t know what kind of poison is sprayed every now and then into my rooms but also I don’t have any idea of how much people have entered my apartment without my knowledge! It seems to be quite normal for the Americans that if you are a tenant you will be entered. I really don’t like that, how could I ever make sure that nothing will get stolen? It seems like the so called and extoled “controlled access” means something like “hey just give everybody the key, so that s/he doesn’t have to blast the lock”. 

The real funny thing about all of this is on the backside of MY pair of keys: it says “do not duplicate”…

1 Kommentar:

  1. Ok, "do not duplicate" steht auf den Schlüsseln. Aber da steht nicht: "Do not change the lock". Ich glaube, dass hätte ich schon längst gemacht...
    Halte durch, Chris... Bald hast du es geschafft

    AntwortenLöschen