Dienstag, 8. Januar 2013

Statement of the Day – Chris Corner: Leaving Omaha (12/16/12)



Finals are over! Of course, this is the best time in all semesters while studying, no matter where you are. But nevertheless there was no time to relax. My apartment needed some cleaning before I could head to Iowa City as one of the last stages during my stay in the US. Also all my household items needed to be sold. Fortunately Jan was already able to sell the microwave to our taxi driver 2 weeks ago. My extra bed found a new owner last Wednesday and the same guy bought also all my pots, pans and the casserole (the bad thing about that: I spent the whole afternoon before that with grocery shopping for making some good noodles with Carbonara sauce; I didn’t had anything to cook in xD ).

I made another ad on craigslist with all the remaining items and 5 minutes later somebody already called in and made an appointment for the next day. The great thing about it: he really showed up and I could sell all the things for $65 instead of throwing them into the garbage can.
The cleaning itself took me much longer than I thought. I am usually not a really messy person, but getting everything totally shiny was kind of importable. Jan always said the bathroom and kitchen look already cleaner than they were when I moved in. But I didn’t wanna risk not getting my security deposit back. 

After all the work was done and some pf the packing also was accomplished we went out to grap our final dinner in Omaha. At in-gre-dient we had a good pizza and a goodbye cocktail in the Glo-Lounge made the last evening in Omaha quite delicious and enjoyable. 




Because our bus was leaving at 9:10am I had to pack everything in the night before. It sounds so easy. Considering that I arrived with 1,5 bags, one nearly full bag was already shipped to Iowa via Jan on the last weekend and now 2 empty bags remaining for all the things made me feel quite secure that I won’t have any trouble getting everything quick and easy into these two bags. You have no idea how much more little things you have after living some months at one place… But ok, it worked out all right. 



Good bye Omaha. It was quite an experience here. I learned a lot, not only in school but also about a different culture and ways of living.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen